June Artwalk - Downtown Shreveport

I was very excited to be paired up with Gina Marie's Antiques, Oddities and Curiosities on Texas St., however, when heavy thunderstorms threatened to dampen the evening the call was made to move everyone to one location.  Fortunately, the rain held off and I felt bad that I hadn't tried to stick it out with Gina Marie's. I seriously hope that I get a second chance.

Being at the Lofts was wonderful, though. There were about 10 or so artists set up with tables in two rows. There were performing artists at one end of the lobby, poets, actors, authors, it was cool listening to them do their thing all evening. I really need to get out to more performing art events. Shreveport is nothing if not filled with talented people. History in Five was set up at my end of the lobby, which was great. I am usually participating elsewhere on the art walk, so it was nice to actually get to hear about the history of the ArtSpace building.

Because everyone was set up in one building, people came, browsed the art and stayed to watch the performers. I had quite a few interesting discussions with folks about art, the weather and everything in between.  It was nice, more relaxed that usual. It was less of an art walk and more of an art marketplace.  Overall, I would have to say it was my favorite art walk yet.






Comments