Postcards... eh-hem ...Collectible Postcards

So, I need to get prints made and to be honest, money IS an issue. I was thinking about smaller sizes and thought about how a lot of artists are going with postcards now a days. Anyway, long story short, I am putting out a limited number of postcard prints for the Killer Serial, American edition.  I am trying to have them done and in hand by the June Downtown Artwalk in Shreveport.  Well, done in as much as the ones I have done (painted).  The series consists of 8 infamous American serial killers.

  1. Ted Bundy
  2. Richard Ramirez
  3. Jeffrey Dahmer
  4. Ed Gein
  5. Albert Fish
  6. John Wayne Gacy
  7. Edmund Kemper
  8. Gary Ridgway
 First, I paint them as I see them after doing much gut wrenching research into their backgrounds, murders, interviews, trials, etc. Then I paint them in black and white (and red blood drips). I'm not trying to glorify them, but let's face it, a lot of us are fascinated by them for whatever reason.

Anyway, I am excited for the postcards as they will have both images of each killer along with a quote (or two) from them all on one postcard (front & back).  They will be numbered 1-50 and each will be hand signed on the back (by meee).

Like I said, I hope to have these cards available on June 5 at the Downtown Artwalk in Shreveport (exact location to be determined). If you would like to pre-order, please shoot me an email at maggie@magotpie.com


Note: these will be collectible and worth something when I am famous (in about 150 years).  I don't have time to wait for a professional shot of Ted Bundy, so I am using a picture taken on my phone.  This means that I might update the Ted Bundy postcard in the series after getting the professional shot taken.  What does that mean?  Well, when I am famous and everyone wishes they had bought these cards, the lower numbered Ted Bundy cards may be worth more.  So come on out to the Downtown Artwalk on June 5 and get you some!!

EXAMPLES:


   


Comments